Welcome to the new home of Geek Apprentice, henceforth will be known as Dip into Books.
I’ve been working on this site in the last 1-2 months, but I’m still working on cleaning/fixing some posts format, but otherwise please feel free to browse around.
Some of you might be wondering why on earth did I (the blogger who rarely – if ever – blog) invest on a self-hosted blog.
The short explanation is I’m tired of hard coding styling format into each one of my post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The long answer is I am the type of person who feel more compelled to do something if I spend money on it. I know, I know. Free wordpress blog is amazing, but there’s only so much you could do before you find there’s something you want to do and you can’t, like modifying themes and inserting some scripts.
Okay, so that’s why I moved my site, but why did I change the name?
Well, let’s see. Geek Apprentice is a name that’s totally unrepresentative of my blog content (books) since I originally created it as my personal ranting blog. A name change, therefore, was needed and Dip into Books was selected for two main reasons: (1) I have an excessive fear of violating copyright and patent. The possibility that someone out there might have patented the name I want made me exclude some rather exotic potential blog names. In retrospect, that might have been a good thing. (2) The content of my posts are mainly book reviews, sneak peeks, or a short description that might make a reader interested in reading the books I rec’d. Therefore, dip into books seems to be a perfect name to describe this blog content. Of course, I might wake up one day and decide to change it again (honestly, it does take me some time to like it so it’s totally fine if you dislike the name).
But Windie, what are the changes? Apart from the obvious.
I’m glad you asked (please pretend you did). To summarize, here are the major changes: I removed some unused categories, added pages regarding review policy and review request, and changed everything to brown (don’t ask).
I offer some explanations on what’ll happen to the old blog here. If you have any other question about anything – from my creative intention to the danger of moving a site – shoot me an email/comment/tweet and I’ll get back to you.
For now, it’s time to grab yourself a book, a cup of coffee (or tea) and win yourself … errm MORE BOOKS!
That’s right. To celebrate the opening of Dip into Books, I’m holding a giveaway. You could win $25 USD credits toward book depository and it opens internationally so jump in and participate.
Here are the rules:
1. You must be 13 years old or older to enter for this giveaway. Parental permission is required if you’re younger than 18 years old because I’ll need your mailing address if you win.
2. Opens internationally as long as Book Depository ships to your country (here’s a list)
3. The giveaway ends on August 31, 2016 at 12 AM Jakarta time (that is GMT + 7)
4. There’ll be ONE winner chosen randomly using rafflecopter and I will verify your entry. Winner will be contacted via email so make sure you use a valid email address to enter. You have 72 hours to respond before I pick another winner.
5. Winner could choose any books for a total cost of up to $25 USD. I will order the books for you so I’ll be needing your mailing address. However, I am not responsible for lost of goods or damaged items as I will not be shipping them myself.
Twitter | Instagram | Follow my blog with Bloglovin